Saturday, February 28, 2015

Little Bird and Branch Dresser

I have an obsession with painting furniture. It's a serious problem. I haven't parked on my side of the garage for over a year because it's always filled with some old piece of furniture... or four. My hands always look like a homeless persons because they are covered with flecks of paint and stain. It's starting to 'get out' to my friends and family that I have a problem. Instead of having some sort of intervention with me, they actually feed my habit. They give or share old furniture with me. This dresser was one of those shares.


It was tucked away in my friends' son's closet. I knew exactly what I wanted to do to this cute little number as soon as I saw it. 


Is that not the cutest, little sweet dresser? The woman who bought it from me is using it as a side table. I love that idea.





It is SO fun to take an old, used, worn out piece of furniture and give it new life. I used my homemade chalkpaint recipe that I made out of some grey oops paint, leftover white oops paint, and Minwax wax. (I learned a new trick, mix a tiny bit of minwax stain into the natural colored minwax furntiture wax and suddenly you have a $10 verson of dark wax, instead of a $30 version from the 'other' compainies.)

I picked up those little birdie knobs at Hobby Lobby, going once on the way to Kindergarten drop off, and once on the way home so I could use the 40% off coupon each time, ha ha. The blue knobs actually were on the original piece, I never had to change them!!


1 comment:

  1. you are so talented!!!! I love this! I hope you got a good price for it, in stores it would sell for a lot! the bird knobs are just perfect. love love love

    ReplyDelete