Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Sun is Out, and I Can Paint!

I'm not sure why, but I only really love to paint on the driveway in the sun while the kiddos run around with the neighborhood kids or ride their bikes back and forth on the culdesac with a nice podcast on my iPhone. It's just a lovely way to spend the afternoon. It's even better when a neighbor wanders over and chats to me while I paint. I also love when everyone's at work and naptime and I have the sky to myself and a nice bubbly Diet Coke. Even though I'm starting a Paleo-type diet for my family, so not sure if Diet Cokes will fit in with that anymore... another post, another day.

So, needless to say, it's been a long paint-less winter, and I think it's over!!! Spring is starting to spring up around here. The grass is secretly turning green if you look close. The trees are budding out. We're having more flip flop days than boots. The girls and I are going to go to Sprouts and pick out some seeds to start. Big Girl wants to plant morning glories and a bush. Totally doable. Little Girl wants to plant a poppy... not so doable in Colorado, but we'll try!

Needless to say, all these means I'm getting out and painting!! A friend had a birthday party for her daughter, and I was so excited to paint her a sign as she always compliments mine. Of course my daughter got a stomach bug the morning of the party, so the present is still wrapped and sitting in the front room. :( Oh, well.



And then I had to paint a sign for our church nursery after I saw this quote on Pintrest, and modified it to say faces instead of face :) 




 It's so nice painting in the sun again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment