Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Farmhouse Table ReDo

I received this hand me down table from a family friend, and since I never say no to free I accepted. We used it in all it's light oak glory for a year or two, then I painted it cream and distressed it and used it that way for a few years.

Last week I kept being inspired by pretty Farmhouse table shots on pinterest and decided I had to redo it. So I sanded off the paint on the top and stained it a dark antique walnut stain. Then painted over the cream with my DIY homemade chalkpaint in Swiss Coffee again. (I'm finally out of Swiss Coffee homemade chalkpaint, but we had a good run. Picked up a gallon of Antique white at Walmart today to begin a new batch of DIY chalkpaint.)


So in the end here is our farmhouse table. While I was at it I re-painted those distressed $5 garage sale kitchen chairs. They were just too dark and distressed for me. (Here is the before)

I added a garage sale $1 linen and lace circle thing with a chickenwire baskets of pumpkins and we are ready for fall!


I left some paint on the edges because it added character I think.


Well for now this mini table fits our little kitchen in our little house just fine. But I do have dreams of a slightly bigger and more square table... one day. With a painted red bench on one side, two ladder backs on the other, and my white beauties on the sides.... a girl can dream!


Now if only I can find the perfect wall in my kitchen for these beautiful Currier and Ives winter scene tiles I found at the thrift store for $1.50...

Hope you are having beautiful start to your fall as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment