Friday, September 20, 2013

Newborn Pumpkin Hat Knitting Pattern

We are having a 'Little Pumpkin' baby shower theme coming up in a month, so obviously I had to knit a little pumpkin newborn hat.



I had a bit of trouble finding a perfect pattern, though. So I modified and used a hat pattern I had already modified, and modified it again. Does that make it my original? Not sure... but, it's not anyone else's, I know that.



If you'd like to make your own little pumpkin knitted newborn hat for another little pumpkin head, here is my pattern:

I used Hushaby Solid by Baby Bee from Hobby Lobby in Apricot Jam and Sage.  Be sure to go two different days with two different 40% off coupons!

I also used size 3 double pointed needles.

Cast on 50 stitches.
Join in the round and work in Knit 4 Purl 1 until hat measures about 4 1/2 inches.
Decrease as follows:
round 1: Knit 2, Knit 2 together, Purl 1 to end
round 2: Knit 3 Purl 1 around to end
round 3: Knit 1 Knit 2 together, Purl 1 to end
round 4: Knit 2 Purl 1 around to end
round 5: Knit 2 together, Purl 1 to end
round 6: Knit 1 Purl 1 around to end
round 7: Knit 2 together around to end = 10 stitches
round 8: switch to green yarn and knit 10 around
round 9: Knit 2 together around = 5 stitches
round 10: Knit 5
continue knitting 5 around until your stem is as long as you want it.
Cut a long tail of green and thread it through your 5 stitches, pull it tight, and tie it.
weave in ends and enjoy



1 comment:

  1. very very very cute!!!!! i love the baby model haha! i am on the hunt for an easter bunny ears knit pattern to make since mine is due early march and easter will be in april...i saw a cute crochet one but then i'd have to learn crochet!!!

    ReplyDelete