Saturday, August 10, 2013

$17 Thriftstore Buffet ReDO

This was a one afternoon during naptime DIY project, and I am just in love with the results.


Annie Sloan Chalkpaint in Antique White, Dark Stain, chickenwire, and black iron-like spray paint turned this small $17 Thriftstore find into a beautiful, Pottery Barn style piece. I wish I had a kitchen big enough to put this in and stack it full of stacked linen cloth napkins and stoneware plates...

It originally looked something kind of like this...

This was kind of the finish it had, but I forgot, like always, to take a before picture. 

Here is an in-process picture...


I had tried to paint and distress it and use it as a nightstand in Big Girl's room, but I hated the final finish I did on it. So I...

1. sanded the top down to wood and stained it a dark stain, then topped it off with Oak Poly Stain. (thanks here to my amazing neighbor who let me raid her stain stash in her garage at naptime instead of going to Home Depot!!! I'll pay you back :) )

2. painted over my hideous finish with Annie Sloan Chalkpaint in Antique White.

 3. took all the hardware off and spray painted it black (thanks to same neighbor!!)

4. knocked the middle out of the doors with a hammer, spray painted chicken wire black, and staple gunned it to the inside of the doors.


5. And then put it all back together and enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty transformation! Love the addition of the chicken wire too! :)
    -Shayna
    www.TheWoodGrainCottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love using chicken wire but never thought to do it on a buffet or dresser...etc.

    ReplyDelete