Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Birthday Somethings for Friends

I want to be a person who remembers birthdays. I swear I add birthdays to my calendars and a text  munching monster gobbles them up and I never see them again.

Now with crazy, Jetson-like technology I have computers that are way smarter than me keeping track of everything for me. A distant friend of mine, called Facebook (maybe you know him, too?) emailed me the other day and told me a very kind and loving family friend has a birthday coming up, so I am actually on top of it for once. Maybe if I actually used Facebook I would stay on top of everything... but I think I would also stay on top of SO many other things I don't actually want to stay on top of, like friends of old high school teammates' political views... too much information for my little brain.

Anyway, this wonderful woman usually hand makes my children presents. So I am attempting to hand make her something just as special...

A box of handmade and hand decorated sugar cookies.
It's a bouquet you can eat :)
There's a few layers in there. I also used my Cricut to cut out some leaves to sprinkle in to the tissue paper that match the handmade bday card. Good, right?

**if you are a friend of mine and didn't recieve one of these for your bday, and I not only didn't bake you cookies but didn't even call, email, or text you on your bday, please send a note to Facebook and let him know he is letting you down... it's not my fault that I am highly disorganized.

ok, it is. sorry.

Here is my plan for the future:
 Is that not the cutest card organizer ever? I've only had it for probably 8 years and never used it. 
 And look, it even has a list of birthdays organized by month and day with a pocket to hold your cards, and the backside there is a spot for addresses. It's not only cute, but would keep me organized, and make it easy to send cards when I have them all there ready to send with addresses and everything. Put this on my 'must do in 2013' list. Right there with figure out how to stick to a budget, xeriscape our entire backyard, redecorate pretty much our entire house, and talk my husband into having a 3rd baby. Hmmm... we'll see.
ps if you want the recipe for the sugar cookies it's here: 

Rolled Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 1/2 Cups butter
2 Cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 Cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

chill atleast one hour then cook at 400F for 6-8 mins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment