Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homemade Peach Cordial

I love homemade gifts. I especially love homemade gifts that come in a canning jar!

For Christmas this year I put together some homemade peach cordial from some yummy Western Slope peaches.

I found the recipe in an old canning book, (Canning, Freezing and Drying by Sunset.) The first step was to dehydrate some peaches. You could do it in the sunshine, or like I did, cut them in half and put them in a dehydrator until they are mostly soft. I then put them in a ziplock in the freezer because I got the peaches in the summer and wanted to use them for Christmas presents.

Come Christmas time I defrosted them and mixed them up with this recipe:
(I filled about 2 1/2 large mason jars with this recipe. I doubled it to make about 5 jars, though you could do smaller jars to make more.

1lb dried fruit (apricots, prunes with pits, pears, or peaches)
((I used 3-4 peaches cut in half to a big quart mason jar and it worked great...))
3 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 cup brandy
2 cups sugar

Deliciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment