Thursday, June 14, 2012

All You Need Is Love

I love this picture. It was taken on our family vacation to England. This was my 30th birthday. I asked for no party, no surprises, just a day at the beach with my family.

Mothers constantly question if what they are doing is right, and I am no exception. I must second guess, doubt, and judge myself ten times a day, on a good day.

This day and my present, time with my family, reminded me of how little they truly ask for- our love and some time.

The question I should ask first is: do my girls know I love them? And they do. I know that because when they are sick, they want me to hold them. When they are scared or nervous, their eyes turn to me.

In the end, really, The Beatles had it right: All You Need Is Love, the rest, everything, is just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment