Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why Coupon?

I just learned couponing a few months ago. I'm so sad I didn't know about it my whole life! It is quite a cool hobby for a frugalistic like me. Jenny from Bargain Blessings came to our MOPS group and gave us a quick run down. You should check out her blog if you have time, and especially if you live in Colorado like us. But let me just give you a sample of why you should coupon...

Today we ran to King Soopers, in a freak March snow storm, yes I choose the day of the snowstorm to drag my 3 children to the store. Luckily hubby said he'd stay home with the sleeping one!

So, anyway, we splashed through the melted snow puddles while losing boots and throwing hats and there were big promises of free cookies and horsey rides, I love King Soopers, for good kids who don't play chase or hide and seek in the store. I just really needed a few essentials to get us through another week, because last week the sales were so good I stocked up on a lot of stuff.

But as I passed the door my eyes spotted some pads on manager's clearance, another reason I love King Soopers. I grabbed 5 boxes of Kotex pads for $1.39 each. Pretty good deal already, but then I checked my handy dandy coupon binder... and found 5 matching coupons for $1 off each box. So now I got 5 boxes of pads for .39 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment